Pages

Nov 5, 2008

{found}

This post I want to share some interesting and fun links I came across the www lately. First I thought it was time for a new blog banner.

dutch blue

I made this banner with the photo editing site Picnik. It's an easy and fun program to use, even for me, a knownothing on computers. Although I must say, since I became a blogger I've spent more and more time behind one and learned new stuff here and there.
Did you ever heard of "favicons"? Well I didn't but now I have one too. It's that little icon in the url bar. I've changed the orange blogger icon for one I made with the help of this site. After your photo is turned into a tiny icon you get a code wich you copy and past on to the html page of your blog. And that's the most "scary" part! I'm always afraid to go to that page...what if I accidentally changed some of the code and there isn't a blog visible anymore, don't want to think about that thought!


One thing I certainly do want to think about are these gorgeous red cashmere fingerless gloves from 'the purl bee'. You can find the pattern on their site....if only I had more time on my hands!!



And how about this cute little mouse house & family from pottery barn kids! Wish we had a pottery barn store over here.


Another store where beautiful wishlist items easily can be found is; Clothkits



I especially adore this skirt with the papercut pattern on. And the little red dress would be so lovely for Luca. Ooh and before I go I've to show you these four beauties from Modern Nursery

These Jess Brown tea dyed dolls are so adorable.. one of them belongs on my wishlist for sure! My birthday isn't before next year and Santaclaus and Sinterklaas are not in town yet..so I better stop dreaming and drag myself away from this computer and go do the grocery shopping otherwise the husband find empty pots and pans (again) when he comes home!

29 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Daar komt ie dan:

You’re so clever, love your new banner!
I work with the computer all day, but never managed to make a banner for my blog...!! And thanks for all the fun links. Love the fingerless mittens, but I’m not good at understanding English knitting patterns!

Dawn said...

Corry...
Love the new banner...so YOU!
Thank you for the links. Checking them out right now!
Dawn
xo

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

These are lovely things, and how organized of you to have your Christmas list all finished already! I never know what I want when people ask me around any gift giving season - I always think of those things after!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

The new banner looks great!

zeliaevora said...

your new banner is great... and sch great finds here too:)

Eileen said...

Well I am just loving each and every thing you have in your blog today. From your new banner to those gorgeous gloves..(did you knit those?!).. And I have a feeling one of those dollies would NOT be for Luca.. but for her Nana. :-)

Unknown said...

Your new banner is great and those dolls are awesome.

Anonymous said...

hoi corry,

jou blog ist fantastisch.
echt hell mooi.

ik kom zeker nu facker!!!!

groetjes sydney

Kris said...

Hi Corry!

I really love your new banner! And thank you for sharing the info on how you made it. I am off to check out that site myself. Thanks again!

méri said...

Thanks for the links!
The banner is great!!
(now evrything ok with comments:))

Anonymous said...

Hoi Corry,

Mijn complimenten voor jouw mooie blog, heb nu uitgevonden hoe ik hier kan reageren.
Dank je voor de leuke linken.
Ik had een vraagje hoe je meerdere plaatjes kan laden bij picnik, of ben premium lid? Ik wilde ook eentje maken voor mijn .nl
Kom nu vaker kijken, kan nu berichtjes achterlaten, ga nog ff verder neuzen tussen jouw leuke posten, groetjes marlies

life in red shoes said...

Thank you for passing on all this wonderfulness!

Jeanne said...

Love your new banner! One of these days, I'm going to try that.

Jacoline said...

Wat een goede tips allemaal, ga kijken of ik hier en daar ook iets anders kan doe met mijn blog. Maar ga er wel een beetje hulp bij vragen van mijn dochters, ben zelf helemaal niet z'n ster met de computer. hele leuke tips, bedankt en een fijn weekend

Anonymous said...

hoi corry,

leuk dat ja op mijn b log geweest bent.
kan jij ook nederlands schrijfen?
of ben jij engels?

groetjes sydney

ik wens je een heel fijne dag

Karen said...

The new banner is very nice.

Idaho Quilter said...

I too, find that changing or adding to my blog is scary. I am just so happy to be able to visit all the wonderful blogs and have visitors at mine.

Christine said...

Love your new banner ... and thanks for the links.
Christine

Roxane said...

I love very much the little house, I have only the mice :
Real mice and felt one....

Anonymous said...

oh die zwart/witte rok staat al een tijd op mijn verlanglijstje. Maar ik vind hem erg duur. Wist je trouwens dat deze ontworpen is door Rob Ryan. l'heure bleu heeft er op haar blog over geschreven.

Julie said...

Great new banner! I saw those mittens and they are so cute!

Pascale said...

Love your banner but I have no idea what the other thing is. I checked the other sites too, and it is inspiring.
Pascale.

Heidi said...

Your banner is fresh and very nice! Thank you for sharing your tidbits - they've given me lots of ideas!

Eva said...

hi,
i really love your beatiful and creative blog.
all the best from austria,
eva

Anonymous said...

Die muizen zijn echt leuk !!
En de meisjeskleding.....wauw, voor 98% zeker, krijgen we nu, na 3 kleinzoons een kleindochter. Kan ik m'n hart ophalen, heerlijk. Ik heb zelf 2 dochters en maakte vroeger voor hun alles zelf. Nu alleen nog voor me zelf.
Leuke blog heb je, kom nog wel eens vakerlangs.

Groetjes Thea

Beth said...

My girls have the mouse house from Pottery Barn Kids. They love it, it is even better in person!

Unknown said...

The mouse house... it´s incredible... ;-)
Bests regards, Iris

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the fingerless gloves are so neat looking - but don't your fingers so cold with them exposed to the weather? Are they a fashion statement?
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hi since I found your blog last night, not sure how, maybe through Nicolettes..I haven't stopped playing with the website Picnik..so amazing..thanks for sharing it.:-)