Pages

Nov 7, 2007

A big thank you... UPDATE!



The smile on my face is getting bigger and bigger! See this beautiful "gorgeous" bag?
It's a present for me from my sister Heleen. She made this bag from our mothers vest, read about it here.Thank you, thank you Heleen! You are my most favorite sister in the whole wide world!

************************************************************************************
I've got so many lovely comments on the tea cozy, thank you all!
I love receiving comments! And that was not the only thing I received this week!
There were some lovely surprises.
The first one came from Guðrún. She made me this beautiful little bag.
I love it!

little bag (present)

She also send me these lovely gifts. See the bag pattern? I'm anxious to try that one out!
Thank's again Guðrún

present

Then another parcel for me!!
Two gorgeous fabrics send to me by Jeanne from "luv to stitch"....so pretty colours! Thanks Jeanne.

fabric present

My cousin Wendy made me this little crocket afghan square. It's so sweet...thanks Wendy, I love it!

little crochet afghan square

And if that wasn't enough... there was one more gift! This beautiful applique quilt kit. It's called'"tree of life". Tante Anneke, thank you so much!

"tree of life" applique quilt

I think it will be a five year plan....but when it's finished it will look like this!!


And if you wonder, after seeing all these beautiful presents, how my face will look like! I'm walking around with a big smile on, all day long!

24 comments:

Unknown said...

What beautiful gifts Corry, I adore that appliqued quilt, but yes it looks like it will be a long term project. Looking at the photo, do all the fabrics come pre-traced ready to cut out?

Jeanne said...

I'm happy to hear you had a good mail day filled with lots of surprises. I hope you keep smiling, Corry.

May Britt said...

I understand you smiling from ear to ear. The quilt kit is so georgius, so is the bag from Gudrun.

Sheri said...

Lovely gifts.
Sheri

Anonymous said...

Hoi Corry,

ik kan maar één dingetje zeggen, en dat is dat je een ongelofelijke bofkont bent!
;o)

en die handtekening is óók leuk!

groetjes van Ingrid H.G.

www.supergoof.web-log.nl

Leanne said...

Some times the post man can be so kind.

Chookyblue...... said...

omg so many gifts.......you are so lucky.....

Unknown said...

The fabrics from Jeanne are beautiful the one with the hearts is like chocolate.

Nancy said...

Keep smiling! Your gifts are lovely. How clever of your sister to make a bag from your Mother's vest. Enjoy everything.

Unknown said...

I can image your big grin! What wonderful surprises you have received!!! I love that gorgeous bag your sister made- stunning!!

Leisa said...

Just found your blog, what lovely stitching you do. Great pics.

meggie said...

Lovely gifts!!
The bag your sister made is just beautiful!

Karen said...

Love the tea cosy! I am a new blogger from England and love loking at all the wonderful things on other peoples blogs, thankyou

atet said...

What lovely gifts! The bag your sister made is absolutely fantastic!!!

Mary said...

lucky you great gifts

White Cats said...

Corry,
The bag with the fabric from your Mother's vest is very special. I love the vibrant colors. Looks like an early Christmas with all your packages.

Levin said...

looks like christmas has come early for you. your sisters bags are fantastic - so beautifully made - and how nice is it to have a bag that includes a lovely memory of your mother. Fabulous idea!
cheers
l
x

Doe said...

Lovely loot!!! Your sister is amazing for making that beautiful bag! Thanks for sharing.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

love the bag your sister made for you.....

Judy said...

You do such nice work, those bags are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing the photo of the Tree of Life applique quilt, that is a real first for me!

Cordula Klöfkorn said...

What a wonderful bag you've got from your sister. And.. I like your blog! Also the log cabin looks wonderful. I will come back often! Best wishes from cologne

Anonymous said...

I gasped when I saw the chair with all your adorable goodies. Oh SEW cute!

Marieta said...

The quilt kit is so georgius


¡¡¡congratulations¡¡¡
maria